The Her Campus Guide to College Life: How to Manage Relationships, Stay Safe and Healthy, Handle Stress, and Have the Best Years of Your Life
BOSTON, MA (March 10, 2015) - From dating to internships—it’s everything you need to know about college.
Get ready for the best years of your life! Stephanie Kaplan Lewis, Windsor Hanger Western, and Annie Chandler Wang, Harvard-grad entrepreneurs and co-founders of Her Campus, the #1 global community for college women with 5.5+ million monthly users and chapters at 250+ colleges, are lending their collegiette expertise to the book world with this fresh and savvy take on a college girl’s survival guide.
Her Campus’s college guide is bursting with insider tips to help you navigate classes, relationships, and all your extracurriculars—including parties and Greek life—and much more. Whether you’re a seasoned upperclassman or are starting freshman year in just a few months, you’ll learn how to:
- Bond with your roommate and set ground rules for your new space
- Beat the Freshman 15 without having to give up dessert
- Snag a date with the cutie from your Lit class
- Cope with stress and anxiety—even during finals week!
- Score jobs and internships that will help you transition into post-collegiette life
This book will also give you the lowdown on campus safety so you can enjoy all that college has to offer while avoiding the unfortunate scary parts that sometimes come with it. Complete with fun checklists and worksheets to help you carry out HC’s essential advice, The Her Campus Guide to College Life shows you how to make the most out of your experience—in and outside the classroom.
Stephanie, Windsor and Annie are fully media-trained, with past appearances on ABC News Now, Fox News, NECN and more, and can be a guest on your show for topics including:
- Their story as female entrepreneurs at Harvard founding Her Campus, now the #1 global community for college women with 5.5+ million monthly users, and the release of their first book
- High school graduation: What to do NOW to get ready for college
- Timely upcoming college-related topics such as:
- How to pick the college that’s right for you (April- college decision month)
- Staying safe at college parties (April- Sexual Assault Awareness Month)
- Rules for safe drinking at college (April- National Alcohol Awareness Month)
- Tips for staying healthy during finals week (May- National Women’s Health Week)
- Tips for relieving stress during finals (May- National Health Awareness Month)
- and many more!
Adams Media – On sale April 4, 2015
ISBN-13: 978-1440585111 ISBN-10: 1440585113; Price: $15.99
ABOUT HER CAMPUS
Her Campus Media (HerCampus.com) is the #1 global community for college women with a monthly multi-platform reach of more than 20 million users. HerCampus.com features national content on Fashion, Beauty, Life, Love, Career, Health, News, Entertainment, DIY, LGBTQ+, High School, and Real World, supplemented by local content from 300+ campus chapters nationwide and in nine countries. In addition, Her Campus offers an email newsletter, Her Campus Blogger Network, High School Ambassador Program, Her Conference, College Fashion Week®, Her Campus Tour, Her Campus Shop, and even more products, programming and tools to fulfill its mission of serving college women across every platform.
Her Campus serves as a career launching point for its team of college journalists and future marketing mavens. Since joining the Her Campus Team, members have been offered jobs and internships with Glamour, Vogue, Vanity Fair, Seventeen, Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar, People, The Huffington Post, Teen Vogue, InStyle, Lucky, Esquire, O magazine, MTV, The Washington Post, Digitas, Ogilvy, and many more.
Founded by three students while they were undergraduates at Harvard—Stephanie Kaplan Lewis ‘10, Windsor Hanger Western ‘10, and Annie Chandler Wang ‘11—Her Campus was a winner in Harvard College’s business plan competition, was a Gold Winner & Best All-Around Team in MassChallenge, and was named Top Small Business of the Year by the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce. The Her Campus co-founders have been named to Entrepreneur Magazine's Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America, BusinessWeek’s 25 Under 25 Best Young Entrepreneurs, Inc. magazine’s 30 Under 30 Coolest Young Entrepreneurs, The Boston Globe’s 25 Under 25, Forbes’s All-Star Student Entrepreneurs, Glamour magazine’s 20 Amazing Young Women, and The Boston Globe’s 25 Most Stylish Bostonians. Her Campus has been named to Forbes’s lists of The 100 Best Websites for Women and The 10 Best Websites for Millennial Women.