Passionate about brand development, art direction, creative growth and, of course, graphic design?
Looking to put those stellar design skills to the test? Her Campus Media's College Freelance Design Program might just be what you've been waiting for.
Our new program is the ultimate opportunity for talented and creative undergrads to dive into a variety of client-based campaigns and projects. The College Freelancer will not only gain real-world experience learning from our experienced in-house designers, but will also strengthen her portfolio by making meaningful contributions of her own.
Applications are accepted on a semesterly basis, with the possibility of the freelancer transitioning to a full-time Junior Designer role (!!) upon graduation. If graduation's far away, freelancers also have the opportunity to continue to the next semester contingent on her or his performance.
Our candidates are creative and resourceful with a positive, can-do attitude who will thrive in our fast-paced start-up environment. Think you fit the bill? Read on.
Who is the college freelancer?
The college freelancer is a curious, motivated and passionate graphic designer who takes an innovative and resourceful creative approach to her work. She is:
- A current college undergrad with a strong graphic design background
- Constantly adding digital and print work to a portfolio showcasing her technical excellence, eye for design and slew of experience
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) and Microsoft Office...and has even dabbled with Adobe AfterEffects and HTML/CSS
- A true badass who operates with a high level of efficiency and attention to detail
- A strong communicator who (despite her messy room) possesses amazing organizational skills
- Curious about the media industry and excited to work with brands to produce content that speaks to college women worldwide
What are her responsibilities?
The College Freelance Designer will:
- Contribute designs for special editorial initiatives including social media creative, custom content packages, hub graphics, gift guides, and more
- Create original graphic designs and concepts for company’s integrated marketing campaigns
- Design apparel and other merchandise for the Her Campus Shop
- Assist in design production and photography as needed
The Freelancer program takes place on a semesterly basis with two 4-5 hr shifts every Monday/Wednesday OR Tuesday/Thursday. Hours are flexible for each of those days. Freelancers will be compensated hourly and will work with our small team of awesome designers in our Boston headquarters.
Please note: Her Campus Media hopes to recruit and advance minorities, women, LGBTQ+, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of women we serve.