BEFORE YOU APPLY: Are you a college student? Apply to our College Freelance Designer program (also paid) here: http://smrtr.io/J0ZzVw. If not, keep reading!
Her Campus Media is always on the search for entry-level Freelance Graphic Designers to join us part-time. Although we currently do not have an active opening, we are reviewing applications on a rolling basis for future freelance graphic design opportunities.
The Her Campus design team operates as both the creative arm of our in-house college marketing agency, producing original work for our award-winning campaigns in concert with our client services team; and as the branding team behind the company’s global expansion efforts from a product and audience standpoint. We are seeking a creative and resourceful candidate with a positive, can-do attitude who will thrive in our fast-paced start-up environment.
This is the ideal opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic recent college grad (or soon-to-be college grad) to apply her aesthetic sensibility and innovative mindset to a variety of campaigns and projects. The Freelance Graphic Designer will not only gain real-world experience learning from our experienced in-house designers, but will also strengthen her portfolio by making meaningful contributions of her own.
The Freelance Graphic Designer will report to the Senior Designer and work closely with members of the company's Boston-based design team. This position will be paid on an hourly basis with approximately 10 hours of work per week.
- Design identities, digital and print collateral, and branded merchandise for our global network of campus chapters
- Support sales team through the maintenance and creation of sales materials, digital mockups and custom concept art for potential campaigns
- Contribute designs for special editorial initiatives including infographic series, social media creative, custom content packages, gift guides, and more
- Design apparel and other merchandise for the Her Campus Shop
- Create original graphic designs and concepts for company’s integrated marketing campaigns
- Assist in design production as needed; includes updating our experiential Squarespace sites and communicating with/ordering from our printing vendors
- Bachelor's degree or working towards Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years prior graphic design internship or equivalent experience
- Mastery over Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and AfterEffects
- Portfolio showcasing digital and print work and demonstrating passion, technical excellence and creative approach to projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to engage with/in copywriting, production, and e-commerce related tasks when necessary
- Ability to operate with a high level of efficiency and attention to detail simultaneously, while maintaining organized and clean files from the inside out
- Ability to process complex, multifaceted requirements and produce a cohesive, intentional design
- Ability to thrive under pressure and receive critical feedback well while maintaining an upbeat, proactive attitude
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio along with your application. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered.
Please note: Her Campus Media hopes to recruit and advance minorities, women, LGBTQ+, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of women we serve.