Her Campus Media Releases 2014 College Rankings
BOSTON, MA (August 26th 2014) - Here at Her Campus, the #1 global community for college women, we’re plugged into what’s going on at colleges across the country. With a team of more than 4,000 students at more than 240 colleges and universities contributing to our site, we’ve got the inside scoop on who’s doing what and where. So with the new school year right around the corner, we thought it only appropriate to stack the schools… Her Campus style.
Read on for Her Campus’s 2014 College Rankings, where we’ll tell you which colleges have achieved Queen-Bey-level ***flawless status, which swoon-worthy campuses are clogging your Insta feed and which collegiettes™ are reveling in the royal treatment. We’ll also tell you where you can find the most attractive man candy, the future white-hat-wearing Olivia Popes, the best of the #GIRLBOSSes and much, much more.
“We wanted to turn the traditional college rankings on their head and put a fun, decidedly collegiette spin on them,” said Her Campus Co-Founder, CEO & Editor-in-Chief Stephanie Kaplan Lewis. “The college experience is about so much more than just academics, and these rankings take a critical, multi-faceted look at our nation’s colleges and all they have to offer in and outside the classroom, while having (more than) a little bit of fun, too.”
2014 COLLEGE RANKINGS
1) Rutgers University, 2) Columbia University, 3) Berklee College of Music, 4) University of Virginia, 5) New York University, 6) Cabrini College, 7) University of Houston, 8) University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 9) McNally Smith College of Music, 10) University of Missouri.
1) Yale University, 2) The University of St. Andrews, 3) The University of Alabama, 4) Princeton University, 5) High Point University, 6) Georgetown University, 7) American University of Paris, 8) Arcadia University, 9) Brown University, 10) Bryn Mawr College.
1) The University of San Diego, 2) Kenyon College, 3) Furman University, 4) Lewis & Clark College, 5) Florida Southern College, 6) Cornell University, 7) Duke University, 8) The University of Colorado Boulder, 9) The University of Washington, 10) The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
1) Texas A&M University, 2) University of Miami, 3) University of Colorado Boulder, 4) Boston College, 5) University of Southern California, 6) Colgate University, 7) Brigham Young University, 8) Wake Forest University, 9) Howard University, 10) Bowdoin College.
1) Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 2) Tufts University, 3) Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, 4) Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art, 5) Rochester Institute of Technology, 6) Carnegie Mellon University, 7) Brown University, 8) Harvey Mudd College, 9) Worcester Polytechnic Institute, 10) New College of Florida.
1) The George Washington University, 2) American University, 3) Stanford University, 4) Boston University, 5) The University of Southern California, 6) Barnard College, 7) Georgetown University, 8) Princeton University, 9) The University of Pennsylvania, 10) Amherst College.
1) Bennington College, 2) Bard College, 3) Lewis & Clark College, 4) Warren Wilson College, 5) Northland College, 6) The Evergreen State College, 7) Oberlin College, 8) The University of California, Berkeley, 9) Hampshire College, 10) Sarah Lawrence College.
1) Barnard College, 2) Westminster College, 3) Harvey Mudd College, 4) Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering, 5) The University of California, Berkeley, 6) The George Washington University, 7) Vassar College, 8) American University, 9) The University of Southern California, 10) Mount Holyoke College.
1) The University of Alabama, 2) The University of Michigan, 3) Ohio State University, 4) Duke University, 5) Brigham Young University, 6) Boston College, 7) Barnard College, 8) Princeton University, 9) Thomas Aquinas College, 10) Amherst College.
All lists can be found at www.hercampus.com/college-rankings-2014.
ABOUT HER CAMPUS
Her Campus Media (HerCampus.com) is the #1 global community for college women with a monthly multi-platform reach of more than 20 million users. HerCampus.com features national content on Fashion, Beauty, Life, Love, Career, Health, News, Entertainment, DIY, LGBTQ+, High School, and Real World, supplemented by local content from 300+ campus chapters nationwide and in nine countries. In addition, Her Campus offers an email newsletter, Her Campus Blogger Network, High School Ambassador Program, Her Conference, College Fashion Week®, Her Campus Tour, Her Campus Shop, and even more products, programming and tools to fulfill its mission of serving college women across every platform.
Her Campus serves as a career launching point for its team of college journalists and future marketing mavens. Since joining the Her Campus Team, members have been offered jobs and internships with Glamour, Vogue, Vanity Fair, Seventeen, Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar, People, The Huffington Post, Teen Vogue, InStyle, Lucky, Esquire, O magazine, MTV, The Washington Post, Digitas, Ogilvy, and many more.
Founded by three students while they were undergraduates at Harvard—Stephanie Kaplan Lewis ‘10, Windsor Hanger Western ‘10, and Annie Chandler Wang ‘11—Her Campus was a winner in Harvard College’s business plan competition, was a Gold Winner & Best All-Around Team in MassChallenge, and was named Top Small Business of the Year by the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce. The Her Campus co-founders have been named to Entrepreneur Magazine's Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America, BusinessWeek’s 25 Under 25 Best Young Entrepreneurs, Inc. magazine’s 30 Under 30 Coolest Young Entrepreneurs, The Boston Globe’s 25 Under 25, Forbes’s All-Star Student Entrepreneurs, Glamour magazine’s 20 Amazing Young Women, and The Boston Globe’s 25 Most Stylish Bostonians. Her Campus has been named to Forbes’s lists of The 100 Best Websites for Women and The 10 Best Websites for Millennial Women.