Exciting opportunity at a fast-growing, award-winning digital media start-up out of Harvard, profitable since its launch and named to Entrepreneur magazine's Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America, BusinessWeek’s 25 Under 25 Best Young Entrepreneurs and Inc. magazine’s 30 Under 30 Coolest Young Entrepreneurs lists, and named Top Small Business of the Year by the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce.
Her Campus Media (HerCampus.com), the #1 global community for college women & college marketing firm with a monthly multi-platform reach of over 20 million users, is seeking a driven, forward-thinking, and passionate editor to drive traffic and engagement across HerCampus.com and its associated platforms. A creative and nimble start-up culture, an ambitious and talented team of writers to manage, and sky's-the-limit opportunities for growth make this role an ideal opportunity for a motivated and capable self-starter who is passionate about editing, mentoring college writers, conceptualizing new features, and, most importantly, Her Campus's mission of serving college women and serving as a career launching pad for the nation's top student journalists.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage and oversee team of 40+ remote writers, including evaluating pitches, assigning pitches to writers, top-editing content, and scheduling content.
- Monitor traffic analytics and drive traffic growth across HerCampus.com via a data-driven approach to increase unique visitors, pageviews, pages per visit, and visits per unique visitor.
- Conceptualize, assign, and edit listicle and gif content designed to go viral across social channels.
- Oversee special editorial projects such as content hubs.
- Recruit, vet and manage editorial interns.
This position includes a base salary plus opportunities for performance bonuses, with benefits including top of the line Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan with company matching, flexible sick leave, vacation and personal day policy, generous company holiday policy, and fun yet focused office environment.
This is an opportunity to join a fast-growing, female-owned start-up at the ground level and gain high-level editorial experience as part of a small team of editors running one of the most successful new media sites.
- Bachelor's degree
- Involvement in Her Campus during college strongly preferred
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Proven ability to produce viral content
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Quick and efficient worker with ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at once
- Excellent email communication skills
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Ability to function autonomously and complete projects and tasks without close management and supervision
- Fluency with typical office technology and software; knowledge of AP Style; knowledge of Google Analytics, Wufoo, and MailChimp a plus
- Self-starter with go-getter attitude, positive and upbeat nature, and excellent work ethic who doesn’t mind getting his/her hands dirty and is excited about working in a start-up environment
- Passion for Her Campus, our mission, and the job of growing our traffic and leading our team of college writers
To apply, send a cover letter, resume, salary history, and three writing clips (Her Campus clips preferred if possible) to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line of your email. No calls, please.