Exciting opportunity at a fast-growing, award-winning digital media start-up out of Harvard, profitable since its launch and named to Entrepreneur magazine's Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America, BusinessWeek’s 25 Under 25 Best Young Entrepreneurs and Inc. magazine’s 30 Under 30 Coolest Young Entrepreneurs lists, and named Top Small Business of the Year by the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce.
Her Campus Media (HerCampus.com), the #1 global community for college women & college marketing firm with a monthly multi-platform reach of over 20 million users, is seeking a Sales & Business Development Manager to drive revenues by selling its college marketing services to leading national brands, retailers, and media companies. Brand name clients, a creative and nimble start-up culture, and high commissions make this an ideal opportunity for a talented and capable self-starter interested in joining a fast-growing and profitable start-up at the ground level.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Source, develop and close sales with major client and partner prospects
- Sell sponsorships for small- and large-scale marketing programs in the female college space
- Negotiate pricing and partnership structures
- Initiate and build reselling relationships with marketing agencies
- Nurture relationships with existing clients to generate returning business
- Significantly grow revenues and client base
This position includes a base salary plus high commissions, with benefits including top of the line Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan with company matching, flexible sick leave, vacation and personal day policy, generous company holiday policy, and fun yet focused office environment. The Business Development Manager will work directly with the founders with regular travel between Boston and New York City and occasionally other locales for client meetings. This is an opportunity to work with a team of talented, ambitious entrepreneurs who have already enjoyed runaway success in the first five years.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-5+ years sales experience
- Experience in the media, B2B, female and/or college space, with established relationships
- Proven track record of closing deals with large companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter with go-getter attitude, competitive nature, and excellent work ethic who doesn’t mind getting his/her hands dirty and is excited about working in a start-up environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to make decisions and manage relationships