Exciting opportunity at a fast-growing, award-winning college marketing and media company. Her Campus Media (HerCampus.com), the leading new media brand for the empowered college woman representing the #1 global female college community, is seeking an experienced Business Development Manager to monetize its impressive assets and drive revenues across the brand's deeply integrated digital, on-campus, and experiential platforms.
The Business Development Manager will drive sales across Her Campus's college marketing services to leading national brands, retailers, agencies and media companies. Brand name clients, a creative and nimble work culture, a lucrative commission structure and sky's-the-limit potential make this an ideal opportunity for a passionate, experienced, talented, hungry self-starter captivated by the opportunity to help build the next future digital media giant.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Source, develop and close sales with major client and partner prospects in assigned territory
- Sell sponsorships for small- and large-scale marketing programs including digital media, content, social, influencer, experiential, on-campus and more
- Nurture relationships with existing clients to generate returning business manage relationships strategically for maximum impact
- Become a subject matter expert and continue to deepen your product knowledge over time
- Negotiate pricing and partnership structures
- Achieve sales and activity goals as decided on by sales leadership
- Thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Significantly grow revenues and client base
This position includes a base salary plus uncapped personal commissions, with benefits including top of the line Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan with company matching, flexible sick leave, vacation and personal day policy, generous company holiday policy, and fun yet focused office environment. The Business Development Manager will report directly to the National Director of Sales and will collaborate with the business development team and company founders with regular travel depending on account territory. You are welcome to apply for this position if you are based somewhere that is unlisted. Please include your location with your application.
This is an opportunity to take the reins in growing a hot new media company bursting with untapped revenue potential while working with a team of talented, ambitious entrepreneurs who have already enjoyed runaway success in the first seven years. The start-up out of Harvard has been profitable since its launch and named to Entrepreneur magazine's Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America, Target Marketer of the Year, MarCom Gold Winner, BusinessWeek’s 25 Under 25 Best Young Entrepreneurs and Inc. magazine’s 30 Under 30 Coolest Young Entrepreneurs lists, and named Top Small Business of the Year by the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years B2B sales experience
- Experience in the media, B2B, female and/or college space, with established relationships
- Proven track record of closing deals with large companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sales mechanics and negotiation skills
- Ambitious self-starter with go-getter attitude, competitive nature, and excellent work ethic who doesn’t mind getting his/her hands dirty and is excited about working in a start-up environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to make decisions and manage relationships
Please note: Her Campus Media hopes to recruit and advance minorities, women, LGBTQ+, persons with disabilities, and veterans—we welcome and encourage all applicants. Our goal is for our team and culture to reflect the diversity of the global community of women we serve.