Exciting opportunity at a fast-growing, award-winning digital media start-up out of Harvard, profitable since its launch and named to Entrepreneur magazine's Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America, BusinessWeek’s 25 Under 25 Best Young Entrepreneurs and Inc. magazine’s 30 Under 30 Coolest Young Entrepreneurs lists, and named Top Small Business of the Year by the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce.
Her Campus Media (HerCampus.com), the #1 global community for college women & college marketing firm with a monthly multi-platform reach of over 20 million users, is seeking a Business Development Coordinator to support the business development team in driving revenues by selling its college marketing services to leading national brands, retailers, and media companies. Brand name clients, a creative and nimble start-up culture, and sky's-the-limit opportunities for growth make this an ideal opportunity for a talented and capable self-starter interested in joining a fast-growing and profitable start-up at the ground level.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist the business development team in hitting monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- Increase quality and frequency of inbound sales leads, number of new advertisers, and ultimately sales revenue through development of sales pipeline at the agency and brand levels
- Gain a deep understanding of Her Campus's marketing services and solutions and effectively communicate them to potential clients
- Conduct sales and marketing research and provide sales team with regular reports on competitive activity, clients' and potential clients' existing marketing initiatives, and industry news and trends
- Increase awareness of Her Campus Media within the marketing and advertising industry via conducting PR outreach, networking, and attending industry events
- Assist sales team in day-to-day operations including SalesForce maintenance, RFP and proposal assistance, organization of research and inspiration library, etc.
This position includes a base salary plus opportunities for performance bonuses, with benefits including top of the line Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan with company matching, flexible sick leave, vacation and personal day policy, generous company holiday policy, and fun yet focused office environment. This is an opportunity to work with a team of talented, ambitious entrepreneurs who have already enjoyed runaway success in the first five years.
- Bachelor's degree
- Combined 0-2 years of experience at an agency and/or in digital sales
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including superb phone skills
- Team player comfortable working in partnership with other sellers
- Proven ability to build a pipeline of new business and able to articulate their process for doing so
- Creative thinker
- Self-starter with go-getter attitude, competitive nature, and excellent work ethic who doesn’t mind getting his/her hands dirty and is excited about working in a start-up environment
- SalesForce and Clearslide proficiency helpful but not required