Exciting opportunity at a fast-growing, award-winning digital media start-up out of Harvard, profitable since its launch and named to Entrepreneur magazine's Best Entrepreneurial Companies in America, BusinessWeek’s 25 Under 25 Best Young Entrepreneurs and Inc. magazine’s 30 Under 30 Coolest Young Entrepreneurs lists, and named Top Small Business of the Year by the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce.
Her Campus Media, an innovative media company and young adult marketing agency representing the #1 global community for college women, is seeking an experienced Director of Sales to monetize its impressive assets and drive revenues across the brand's deeply integrated digital, on-campus, and event-based platforms. The company's three Harvard-grad founders have spent the past five years building Her Campus's audience, reach, marketing capabilities, and brand authority before now shifting the focus to driving revenues.
The Director of Sales will drive sales as well as build and lead a sales team in selling Her Campus's college marketing services to leading national brands, retailers, and media companies. Brand name clients, a creative and nimble start-up culture, a lucrative commission structure and sky's-the-limit potential make this an ideal opportunity for a passionate, experienced, talented, hungry self-starter captivated by the opportunity to help build the next future digital media giant.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Source, develop and close sales with major client and partner prospects
- Identify new revenue streams and offerings, with a focus on establishing recurring revenues
- Negotiate pricing and partnership structures
- Initiate and build reselling relationships with marketing agencies
- Nurture relationships with existing clients to generate returning business
- Hire, structure, and build a sales team, including leading sales training and development for salespeople
- Represent Her Campus Media at high-level conferences and networking events
This position includes a base salary plus uncapped personal and team commissions, with benefits including top of the line Blue Cross Blue Shield health insurance, dental and vision insurance, 401k plan with company matching, flexible sick leave, vacation and personal day policy, generous company holiday policy, and fun yet focused office environment. The Director of Sales will work directly with the founders with regular travel between Boston and New York City and occasionally other locales for client meetings. This is an opportunity to take the reins in growing a hot new media company bursting with untapped revenue potential while working with a team of talented, ambitious entrepreneurs who have already enjoyed runaway success in the first five years.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years B2B sales and sales management experience, preferably in the fields of digital media, marketing services, and/or event sponsorships
- Experience and demonstrated ability leading a growing sales team to achieve high-multiple revenue growth
- Experience in the digital media, B2B, marketing, advertising, female and/or college space, with established applicable relationships
- Proven track record of closing deals in the six- and seven-figures with large companies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior negotiation skills
- Flawless sales mechanics
- Confidence to deal directly with VP, SVP, and C-level executives
- Ambitious self-starter with go-getter attitude, competitive nature, and excellent work ethic who doesn’t mind getting his/her hands dirty and is excited about working in a start-up environment
- Strategic thinker with the ability to make decisions and manage relationships